Thursday, September 25, 2014

Days till departure

I remember when DH and I decided that we would do a "big" trip for our 5th wedding anniversary. I believe it was on the cruise ship the week we got married way back in August 2004.  The plan was that we would invite all our friends and family and it would be a giant fun event for everyone who could join us on whatever cruise we found at the time that was cheep. Well our fifth anniversary came and went in a blur of activity that seems to be your late 20's/early 30's without a celebration to mark our 5th wedding anniversary but I knew that for ten I would make it happen.

Fast forward to April 2013, I was searching the internet and found the cruise I wanted to take, an 11 night eastern Mediterranean cruise on-board the Celebrity Reflection. It had nearly every port I wanted to see including Santorini and Istanbul. By the end of the month we were booked and a message was sent to friends and family to see who would join us. With messages back and forth in 2013 it ended up that both sets of parents decided to join us on this adventure. And so more than a year before the sailing we began to plan.

Now here it is September 25, 2014. Only days remain till our flight to Frankfurt and the start of our adventure. We will be gone 4 weeks including the 11 night cruise.

Our itinerary is as follows:
  • September 30 - land in Frankfurt 
  • October 1-4 - Nurburg, Germany with a track day at the Nuerburgring 
  • October 4-6 - Drive from Nurburg to Civitavecchia 
  • October 6 - Board cruise ship in Civitavecchia, Italy (Rome) Meet up with the parental units 
  • October 7 - At Sea 
  • October 8 - Santorini, Greece 
  • October 9 - At Sea 
  • October 10-11 - Istanbul, Turkey 
  • October 12 - Ephesus, Turkey 
  • October 13 - Athens, Greece 
  • October 14 - Mykonos, Greece 
  • October 15 - At Sea 
  • October 16 - Naples, Italy 
  • October 17 - Disembark cruise ship in Civitavecchia (say goodbye to Parental units) and drive to Siena, Italy 
  • October 18 - Siena, Italy 
  • October 19 - Drive from Siena to Modena, Italy 
  • October 20 - Modena, Italy 
  • October 21 - Drive from Modena to Lake Como, Italy 
  • October 22 - Drive from Lake Como to Stuttgart, Germany 
  • October 23 - Stuttgart, Germany 
  • October 24 - Drive from Stuttgart to Frankfurt to fly home 
 Please join us as we drive and cruise are way across Europe.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you guy! This will be such a great adventure :) Happy you started this so we (me and the littles) can follow along :)

    ReplyDelete