Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A yarn day

On Saturday in my home town it was our first (hopefully annual) fibre fair. 

It was small but well attended with two great yarn dyers who I hadn't seen in local stores very often.  I loved all the colours they both had, Ancient Arts Fibre Craft and Dragonfly Dyewerx.  There was also a lady with some great stitch markers and about 6 other booths. I hope it was enough of a success it will continue and grow in years to come.  And I must admit a skein or two may have followed me home. 

It was a beautiful mid-teens day, feeling more like early fall than mid-November. And our weather gods decided enough was enough. By noon on Sunday our street looked like this:

And I gave up and went downstairs to knit and not sit hating our change in weather. Today it's a very cold -14 (-23 with windchill).  As our weather gets colder I am pretty thankful for a few winter escapes we have booked to Palm Desert to help pull me through till spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment