Monday, January 19, 2015

Experimental cooking......

I have (in recent years) become a pretty good cook. And I enjoy experimenting with new recipes, often my friends are the happy recipients (AKA victims) of these experiments. Some have worked out great and been made again, others needing a few more adjustments and have been made again and some are a one time experiment, never to be made again. 

The never to be made again recipes often end up there for three reasons:

1. They are too much work
2. The flavour is bland and I don't think there is a way to improve it 
3. All out failure

So I am making lunch for a dear friends birthday on February 14 and have decided to try something new. I have done extensive searching for a version of what I want to cook that doesn't have bacon, isn't too overly pre-processed and seems fairly simple to prep.......I have found the main dish but we will wait till after the birthday party to tell you about it and about what my victims-ummm-friends thought of this experiment......now to figure out my side dish, and appetizer and perhaps even desert.



1 comment:

  1. Just saw this post! I'm excited (and love that you now love to cook!).

    ReplyDelete