Friday, October 3, 2014

Day 3 in Nurburg - Green Hell Driving Days

Today was our track day at the Nurburgring. There are not enough words to describe what DH and I experienced today. It was amazing, breathtaking, beautiful, fast, fun, entertaining and all around memorable day.  We successfully completed 13 laps of the Ring, at 21 kilometres in length each lap it doesn't sound like a lot but it took us all day. 

The Ring was closed for at least an hour 4 or 5 times today due to crashes. One involved a few motorcycles and an air ambulance to the nearest city. It wasn't looking good for the one rider. And it closed the Ring for 2 hours mid-day. 

I have never seen so many exotic and expensive cars as we have seen here. And the speed they are driven with is crazy. 

This is defiantly an experience we will want to repeat, perhaps for our 15th wedding anniversary.

I could go on-and-on about today but I will say goodbye now, it's time for some wine and dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment