Today was our first port. It was the island of Santorini in Greece. This was one of the two ports that made me choose this cruise. The tender process was very slow on the ship, it took nearly an hour and a half to get onto the tenders and we had tickets for #14, some people had numbers as high as 39. Once we got to shore at Thira (Fira) we had the choice of another long wait for the cable car, donkey or walking up the donkey path. We choose the walk up, it was a hard go but I did it! Right at the top we ran into (a somewhat planned encounter) our friends from back home Ted, Tina & Ellie who are spending the next year chasing summer.
Together we walked through town then hoped into their rental car to Oia, which was a highlight for me. Oia is as beautiful as I had hoped it would be and a definite place I will want to return to in our future to spend more time.
After a wander through Oia it was time for dinner. We found a great little restaurant on the side of the road and enjoy a Greek meal before being dropped back at the donkey path to walk back to the ship.
It was a wonderful day made better by the company we had, I just wish we had more time with our friends on Santorini.


So wonderful you caught up with them. Sounds like a lovely day :)
ReplyDelete