The country side was beautiful on the drive, but Italian speed limits are stupid and change way to frequently.
Parking at the port was easy and the transport to the ship was efficient. Once we checked in and borded the ship the excitement mounted. More than a year of planning and finally I was here. DH and I met up with the parental units on deck 15 by the Mast Bar and shared some wine and stories of the first few days in Europe. Our first dinner was great (as I had expected it too be) we all had the four courses. With full stomachs we all slept well.
Today (October 7) is our first "at sea" day which is beautiful at 24 degrees but the sea is rocking even on this large ship. DH and I have explored the ship, played some ping-pong and spent sometime enjoying the luxury of a balcony room. Tonight will be our first formal night and I am getting my hair done up in a bit.
All dressed up for formal night.
Tomorrow is our first port, Santorini! Hoping to meet up with Ted and Tina there.


No comments:
Post a Comment